Friday, March 14, 2014

New Beliefs

For recovery to be successful you have to believe two things:  you deserve recovery and you can recover.

To be completely honest, I did not believe those two things when I began.  I was hoping I cold find a way to "maintain"  my eating disorder.  To somehow have it waiting in the wings for me.  To bring it out when I needed it most and then put it back when I no longer needed it.

I learned quickly that was not the case.  If I was to get better, I had to say goodbye to it.

What helped was that my treatment team believed in me when I did not.  They cheered me on.  They encouraged me.  By no means did they let on that it was going to be rainbows and roses, but they had the confidence that I could do it.  They also let me know that it was in my hands - not theirs.  They could only do so much.  The bulk of the work fell on my shoulders.

Slowly though I began to believe them.  Yeah, I can do this.  I can overcome this.  I will be in the overcome statistics.

Now you may not believe you can recover right now.  It's a scary thought, I know.  But I also know that you can do it.  Just like my treatment team before me, I believe in you.  I believe in your strength.  I believe in your courage.  I believe that every time you fall down, you will get up and try again.  You will beat this disease and live the life you were born to live.  I have faith in you.  You will too.

No one was put on this earth to live a sucky life.  You were born with the intention to have a beautiful and joyous life.  That is your right.  Don't let this disease rob you of that.

love and light, kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment