Monday, January 9, 2017

Intentions, Not Resolutions

This goes back to my earlier post about setting resolutions.  I was thinking about it and thought why not set intentions instead of resolutions.

I looked up the definition of intention and this is what I found:

Definition of intention

  1. 1:  a determination to act in a certain way:  resolve
  2. 3A:  what one intends to do or bring aboutB:  the object for which a prayer, mass, or pious act is offered
  3. 4:  a process or manner of healing of incised wounds
  4. 5:  concept; especially:  a concept considered as the product of attention directed to an object of knowledge
  5. 6Plural:  purpose with respect to marriage



Pay close attention to definition #4.  A process or matter to healing incised wounds.

That's what I'm talking about!  What is your intention for the new year?  What parts of you do you want to heal?  Heal, not change.  Why not start the beginning of each day with an intention?  If anyone reading this practices yoga, then this concept should be familiar.   At the start of some classes of yoga, the instructor will have everyone set an intention.  Basically,  you state what you want to get out of the class.  Do this with each day.

Some examples:
I intend to be forgiving of myself and others today.
I intend to love myself today.
I intend to make healthy choices today.
I intend not to compare myself with others today.

Try this for the next few days and weeks, and see how much better your life is.  Let me know if you have some success with this.  My door is always open.

love and light, kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment