Sunday, January 1, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy new year beautiful souls!  I don't know about you, but I'm glad 2016 is over.  I personally am still mourning the death of George Michael.  (So much that you'd think I knew the guy.)

Every new year people set resolutions with every bit of good intention.  And usually before the month of January is over, the resolutions are broken and the person either doesn't care or is pissed off at themselves for not being able to keep them.  That is why I stopped making New Year resolutions years ago.  Every year my  resolutions would be the same.  Quit smoking.  Begin a reasonable exercise program.  Eat more healthy foods.  I would be good for maybe a week.  (I'm not very strong willed.)  Then I throw a pity party for myself.  That I'm good at.

So I'm done with making them.

I believe that every day gives us a day to start over.  Hell, every hour if you'd like.  We always have the chance to begin again.

If 2016 wasn't your year, so be it.  2017 will be.  All you have to do is show up for yourself every day.  If you screw up, forgive yourself, and carry on.  You don't have to wait until New Years to change.  I would always feel pressure to be so good with my resolutions.  When I would break them, I would be so mad at myself for not keeping them.  Why do that to myself?

So my wish for you in this new year is to be your truest, most authentic self.  Whatever that means to you.  Of course I wish you health and happiness as well.  So let's toast our imaginary glasses of green juice to each other.  Here's to you and a great 2017!


love and light, kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment