Sunday, May 17, 2015

Believe

For the last few weeks, this quote has been stalking me.  Everywhere I looked, there it was.  I saw it over and over on Pinterest.  A few people I knew posted it on Facebook.  I knew I had to share it.

I love this quote because it applies to everything, not just recovery.  You can use it as an affirmation for your career, your relationships, your financial health, anything.  It covers it all.

But for recovery to work, you do have to have belief in yourself first and foremost.  Believe you deserve it and are worth it.  If you don't have this basic belief, recovery will most likely fail.  I did not have this belief when I began my recovery.  What got me over the hump to true believing, was good old "fake it until you make it."  Act as if you believe and soon you won't be acting at all.  I know it sounds silly, but it works.  Trust me.

Once you believe you deserve recovery, then comes the belief that you can do it.  This is the most important belief.  Tell yourself over and over that you can do it.  Become the little engine that could.  Have it become your own personal mantra.  Whatever it takes to drill it into your head, do it.

Because you can.

love and light, kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment