Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bye Bye Past

Isn't the past kind?  It's always over.  Byron Katie

Can I get an Amen?  I saw this quote today and immediately loved it.  Isn't the past kind?  It's always over.

I for one used to live in the past.  I would rehash all my mistakes over and over in my head.  I should have done this or I wish this had happened instead.  On and on.  Beating myself up over things that did not matter anymore.  That held no meaning in the present.

If you are doing this, I have one thing to say:  STOP!!!

You are robbing yourself of peace.  The past is in the past.  There is nothing you can do to change it. It's over and done with.

Forgive yourself of any wrongdoing you may have done in the past that is still upsetting you.  Forgive yourself of any of the feelings that come up with that.  Anger, regret, bitterness, all of the negatives.  Get it out and be done with it.

If there is someone that you have hurt and you are able to, ask for their forgiveness.  If they are able to forgive, great.  If not, that is their issue they need to handle.  Remember that.  You did your part.

We can not let the past have this hold on us any longer.  Leave it there.  In the past.  Learn from it.  Grow from it.  And then get the hell away from it!

I'm going to leave you with one more quote.  It's paraphrasing a Buddhist quote.  "If you have one foot in the past, one foot in the future, then you are pissing on the present."

love and light, kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment