Monday, October 5, 2015

A Little Patience

We live in an instant gratification society.  You want something now?  Well, you can get it now.  Movies, albums, songs, books, you name it.  You don't even have to leave your house anymore to go shopping.  You can do it at the comfort of your house.  Just about everything you could possibly want is at your fingertips now.  Everything but one.

Your recovery.

That is going to take some time.

And it can suck big time, though you probably already know that.

The main thing I want you to remember is that your disease did not happen overnight.  It took months and years to get where you are right now.  So it would only make sense  that it would take time to get better.

There were many many many times in my recovery that I felt like giving up.  Throwing in the towel.  This crap is taking too long.  It's so much easier staying sick.  When am  I ever going to be "normal" again?  Ever felt like this?

I had many pity parties for myself.  But I kept on.  Knowing that there had to be a better way of living.  Knowing that God had a plan for me.  I never gave up.  I kept up showing up for my appointments, and doing my recovery work.  Slowly I got better.

So don't give up.  Anything worth having takes time.  I did it and so can you.  Have patience and faith.  A lot of patience and faith.

love and light, kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment